15 inspiring quotes from Jim Carrey
James Eugene “Jim” Carrey is a Canadian American actor who is best known for his comedy movies and his energetic, facially profound expressive performances. When people think of him, their next thoughts are ‘Ace Ventura’, ‘Dumb & Dumber, ‘The Mask’, ‘The Truman Show’ and many more.
Jim Carry has also become known for delivery inspirational speeches. Here are 15 quotes from Jim Carrey to show our appreciation for sharing his gift to the world.
1. Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes.
2. You are ready and able to do beautiful things in this world, and as you walk through those doors today, you will only have two choices: love or fear. Choose love, and don’t ever let fear turn you against your playful heart.”
3. If you aren’t in the moment, you are either looking forward to uncertainty, or back to pain and regret.
4. I wake up some mornings and sit and have my coffee and look out at my beautiful garden, and I go, ‘Remember how good this is. Because you can lose it.’
5. One thing I hope I’ll never be is drunk with my own power. And anybody who says I am will never work in this town again.
6. I tend to stay up late, not because I’m partying but because it’s the only time of the day when I’m alone and don’t have to be performing.
7. It was such a leap in my career when ‘Truman Show’ came along. It’s always been a long process for me insofar as recognition goes, but that’s OK because you appreciate it when it comes.
8. I got a lot of support from my parents. That’s the one thing I always appreciated. They didn’t tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.
9. Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them or you stay afraid of taking them.
10. If you’ve got a talent, protect it.
11. I just want to be myself.
12. My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh.
13. Maybe there is no actual place called hell. Maybe hell just has to listen to our grandparents breathing through their noses when they’re eating sandwiches.
14. I practiced making faces in the mirror and it would drive my mother crazy. She used to scare me by saying that I was going to see the devil if I kept looking in the mirror. That fascinated me even more, of course.
15. Desperation is a necessary ingredient to learning anything, or creating anything. Period. If you ain’t desperate at some point, you ain’t interesting.
These are just a couple of Jim Carrey’s inspirational speeches that should make you want to eject yourself out of your seat and take on the world.