There has been over 1,500 proving the health benefits of coconut oil. If you are not using coconut oil then you should be. Although you cannot use coconut oil in all types of cooking, where you can use it, it should be used instead of any other oil. Here are 10 factors to encourage you to use this oil.
- Cooking with the oil instead of all other oils is perhaps the most well known benefits to it, it’s good for cooking at high heat because of its high smoke point. Most of the other oils oxidise when heated but because coconut is made up of healthy saturated fats, it remains stable under high temperatures.
- The oil is an anti-viral. Any virus that is lipid coated, the coconut oil neutralises when it comes into contact with the virus.
- It has and is still used in many parts of the east for maintaining a healthy scalp. Due to the humidity and heat, Asians in particular use the oil to rub on their scalp. This has become less so in more developed parts of Asia but its still widely used in rural parts of the continent.
- Using the oil as an energy booster when partnered with chia seeds is beneficial. The triglycerides within the coconut oil aids in digestion and the chia seeds offer the body energy. Foods that are known to give you high performance should be used with coconut oil for this reason.
- Adding this oil to any smoothie gives not only a rounded texture; it also carries all the super benefits.
- Instead of using butter on things like boiled or jacket potatoes, try using coconut oil and be adventurous by adding herbs wi
th it like cinnamon, not only will you bring a whole new dimension to your taste buds, you will be adding nutrients that your body will thank you for.
- When cooking a mixed vegetable dish in the oven, use coconut oil to bring out a tropical taste to your vegetables and reap the rewards from its health benefits
- Start using the oil to brush your teeth regularly with. Coconut oil has shown to be anti-bacterial so it’s great for the mouth. It also coats and protects the teeth as its oil based.
- It can be used as a natural treatment for dry skin. As the oil is natural and healthy, when your skin absorbs the oil through the pores, its non-toxic.
- You should make an effort with trying to replace all of your moisturising, beauty products with this oil. The benefits might amaze you.
Most coconut oil comes in glass jars, which is great. The ones that come in plastic avoid. This is not because of any other reason that the plastic itself. We already have far too many things that are in plastic; plastic is a disaster to the environment.